Research has shown that the advancement of women in academia comes hand in hand with an increased awareness of the gender processes that underlie social life. It has been made clear that gender issues should be tackled at all levels of research activities and organisation, and thus, also in questions and methods of research. One of the aims of the LIVES Centre is therefore to ensure that the issue of gender is addressed in scientific activities and this is why it is integrated into all the modules of the Doctoral Programme.
Each year, we organise conferences and workshops on these issues.
Our main partners are:
- Equal Opportunities Office of the University of Lausanne
- Equal Opportunities and Diverstiy Office of the University of Geneva
- Equal Opportunities Office of the Ecole Polytechnique fédérale of Lausanne
- The Interfaculty Platform on Gender Studies (PlaGe) of the University of Lausanne
The Equality Programme of the NCCR LIVES is partner of the Think Tank Gender & Diversity
No events are planned these next few months. Find here all past events about gender and equality issues, organised by LIVES Equality Programme.
This video produced in 2018 tells the story of the life course of a woman in Switzerland. It shows the different steps which may lead from a worry-free childhood to vulnerability at old age.
Misleading norms from LIVES on Vimeo.
- Questioning excellence: study and training days on women’s and men’s careers in academia
- Lecture "challenges of diversity in Europe: mobilizing talents for research grant success" by prof. Alison Woodward
- Website : "Gendered innovations": resources from prof. Londa Schiebinger's website
- toolkit for integrating gender- sensitive approach into research and teaching (GARCIA EU project)
- Resources on gender awareness and early academic careers (GARCIA national conference)
- Lecture: “From principles to practice: Gender awareness sessions”, Prof. Virginia Valianet & Prof. Denise Sekaquaptewa
- Audio recording from lecture: “From principles to practice: Gender awareness sessions”, Prof. Virginia Valianet & Prof. Denise Sekaquaptewa
- Audio recording from lecture: “From principles to practice: Gender awareness sessions”, Prof. Virginia Valianet & Prof. Denise Sekaquaptewa, Part II : Q&A
Texts, videos and other resources regarding the integration of gender issues in research.
Events about gender and equality issues
Find here events about gender and equality issues organized by LIVES.